200g Oreo Biscuits (finely crushed)
120g butter (melted)
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 egg yolks (small ones will do)
150ml fresh milk
150g caster sugar
250g cream cheese
2tbsp gelatin powder
70ml water (room temperature)
1tbsp lemon juice
300g UHT whipping cream
40g Oreo biscuits (coursely crushed)
100g Oreo biscuits (finely crushed)
1. Biscuit Base: Mix the biscuit base ingredients and press firmly into a 9 inch round spring form tin and set aside.
2. Cheese Filling: Simmer the egg yolks, fresh milk, cream cheese and caster sugar in a small pot till sugar dissolves.
3. Stir the gelatin powder in the water, then warm it up, stirring constantly till gelatin dissolves. Add it into the cream cheese batter.
4. Add the lemon juice into the cream cheese batter and mix well.
5. Whip the UHT whipping cream till peaks form. Fold in cream cheese batter. When well mixed, fold in coursely crushed Oreo biscuits.
6. Pour it over the biscuit base in the spring form tin, chill in the refrigerator till set.
7. Sprinkle the finely crushed Oreo Biscuits over the cake evenly.
8. Set for at least 4 hours before cutting.
- I used only about 150g of biscuits for the base and reduced the butter accordingly as I didn't buy enough Oreos. Good enough if you don't like too much base.
- In step 2, I just cut up the cream cheese and put it in with the rest of the ingredients, thinking it will melt when heated. It didn't and I had to use a hand beater to break up the cream cheese. It did not fully dissolve. There were still specks of cheese which can be seen but the overall result was still fine. I think it would have been better to first cream the cheese till creamy, then add in the milk a little at a time while still hand beating it to get them all into a smooth paste. I will try this next time.
- The final taste was good! Almost like Bakerzin except for a stronger milk taste. I think it would do better to use low fat fresh milk if you prefer a lighter cake.